Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Ok, so ive been using PS for 3 years, and im 13, so cut me some slack.
I did all of this in photoshop, and the billy mays one was helped by a freind. Everything else i did myself. (Sorry about the thumb size, its a bit big :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• blueprint.png
    blueprint.png
    37 KB · Views: 592
  • cheesepuff-logo-new.jpg
    cheesepuff-logo-new.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,271
  • MAYS-HERE.jpg
    MAYS-HERE.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 213

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Thanks :) The blueprint one took about 2 hours from start to end. Anywhere i could improve?

Um...you picked up PhotoShop when you were 10 :eek::eek::eek:!!??

Really nice work, period. I'm sure the forum would like to see more. This is a great place for tips and questions.

The only thing I don't like about the blueprint is that the measure lines are distracting. I did pencil and paper drafting in HS, and I know they are fine and don't touch the object they are measuring. Find a real blueprint and see what they look like. Keep it up.

Dale

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
The blueprint one i did without any thought really, and i think it could be refined. Ill post some less amazing work if i can find it, and any PSD files if you want em :)

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
okay the second batch of proof teenagers arent useless.

Attachments

• Copy of chrome leak.jpg
    Copy of chrome leak.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 196
  • platypusim.jpg
    platypusim.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,164
  • powerirc2.png
    powerirc2.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 127

Shu15

macrumors regular
May 28, 2009
United States
Any guides you can PM me? I'm just starting out with photoshop and know very very little haha. Like everyone else, I'm amazed that you picked it up at age 10 and are doing that stuff when you're 13! Nice work! :apple:

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
The platypus one I did with the pen tool, BEFORE. reliasedthere was a premade one (which was crap). The dell mini 9, if you don't see it, look up 'more chrome os screenshots' on engadget.

If you think that a MacBook pro would help me in this, please say :)
My current laptop groans at CS3 now... it's 1 year old...

@Shu15: I don't use tutorials much, and if I do, I won't post the result, it would be like stealing to me :S. A good tutorial to try is the Apple TV Logo.. it's all over and very easy to learn.

TenPoundMonkey

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
VA
good work to start.

On the blueprint one, it would be much better/cleaner if the letters/lines actually lined up with the grid...

I am so jealous of you getting to start on Photoshop so young.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Um...you picked up PhotoShop when you were 10 :eek::eek::eek:!!??

My younger brother picked up Photoshop from me when he was 11, it was rather amusing explaining how he managed to "get creative with the clone tool" with some yearbook pictures....

And to the OP, you've got some really nice stuff there and from someone so young you do have a very good grasp of typography. Smashing Mag might be a good reason for you.

Keep up the good work.

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
@no1applefan: nice stuff, dock one is quite good. How did you achive the reflection? Dupe, -100 in transform and layer mask graident?

@ezekielrage_99 Thanks for the smashing mag link: really good stuff there. :)

no.1 Apple Fan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
In a pineapple under the sea
I took many screenshots to achieve the Dock. :D When I did the other one I was running the trial of Photoshop. I found how to do the reflection on a website. I am hoping in the future to get my student discount on Photoshop. The Dock isn't very good though. I did it in pages by doing a lot of copying and pasting. ;)

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
That is very cool. Can you post the original picture of that dock. I got mine off of Google Images. It was in a green tint so I had to make it go black and white.

There wasnt an orignal. I did the whole thing in PS, if you hide the two shape layers youll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.