Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I have a ssd 2.13 ghz although i love the portability....I noticed last night n last few nights that netflix kept kind of skipping n wouldn't play right where as my friend has the MBP13" and works fine...I know the obvious differences of it being bigger little bulkier but what else are the difference as far as speed or memory or bus speed or details and screen and display differences if any? I think the mBP might be an overall better machine...

please give me detailed replies from people who might have gone through this

JasG

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
I can't give you the most technical answer but I think I can help. The weight of the Air and the elegance are its essential advantages. They are enough for me; I'd never go back to 4.5 pounds. But that's because what I give up I don't need.

You might.

The newest screens are brighter and sharper. The AIR screen is all that I need, I don't watch movies or do anything involving serious photos or images of any kind. I type and edit words. But for watching movies (except maybe in bright light outdoors) the MBP is a gorgeous screen.

The track pad is bigger and even more responsive. It is simply remarkable.

The memory is expandable to 4 or 8.

The hard drive is infinitely expandable, i.e. when they make it, you can put it in.

The thing is built like a tank.

As for speed, I can't say: my Air with the SSD is faster than my unibody loading programs and saving large files. But as I said I don't watch movies.
Others maybe able to help you there.

GeekGirl*

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I have a 15" MBP coming Monday, the air is great but leaves you wanting more. go for it the refurb store has some great deals.

maroulis

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
I have a ssd 2.13 ghz although i love the portability....I noticed last night n last few nights that netflix kept kind of skipping n wouldn't play right where as my friend has the MBP13" and works fine...I know the obvious differences of it being bigger little bulkier but what else are the difference as far as speed or memory or bus speed or details and screen and display differences if any? I think the mBP might be an overall better machine...

please give me detailed replies from people who might have gone through this

search my prev posts.. I had a rev C /2.13/SSD which I gave to my g/f and ended up moving to MBP/13/2.53/250GB and upgrading to Intel X25-M 160GB SSD..(costs a lot more but i'm super happy w/performance bump)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.