Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shouldberunning

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I'm using a MacBook White. I used to use an iBookG4, my 1st Mac. Here's what I miss that the iBookG4 had.

I miss concave keys and the general feel of the iBook keyboard

I miss having a numlock key

I miss that I could plug a jack into the headphone jack and boot silently. On the MacBook the startup sound is audible through the speakers regardless

I guess that's all.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I'm using a MacBook White. I used to use an iBookG4, my 1st Mac. Here's what I miss that the iBookG4 had.

I miss concave keys and the general feel of the iBook keyboard

I miss having a numlock key

I miss that I could plug a jack into the headphone jack and boot silently. On the MacBook the startup sound is audible through the speakers regardless

I guess that's all.
I just moved from an iBook G4 to a uMBP this weekend.

I much prefer the chiclet keys.

I never used the number lock. If I had a bunch of numbers to input, I used my bluetooth keyboard with number pad.

Never cared about the boot noise, since I pretty much never shut it down. I put it to sleep only, unless I'm restarting for a reason.

It's taken me a couple of days to get used to the multitouch trackpad, though. I keep wanting to rest my thumb on the bottom, where the button used to be. :eek:

That's all for me.

I hope you enjoy more than you miss. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.