Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:30 PM   #1
blueroses
macrumors newbie

PowerBook G4 Narcolepsy / Trackpad Issues

So I have this PowerBook G4 (12", 1.5 ghz) that I'm trying to fix up to sell. I've fixed tons of things on it, but it's now having two inexplicable problems.

1. It falls asleep after a few minutes. This could be temperature-related, though it runs much less hot than it used to, since I replaced the fan.

2. It doesn't know it has a trackpad. At all. I've changed the top case, but that doesn't help. The receptors on the logic board look fine.... USB mice work fine.

I haven't much idea where to start with either of these. The fixes for narcoleptic PBs on the web don't show where the temperature sensor is located on the 12" model.... I made a guess on it with one of my top cases (I have 3), and when I put it back together, it had stopped recognizing the trackpad completely. But it doesn't recognize the other trackpads, either. Puzzling.

Any ideas about either of these?

Thanks!
Lauren
blueroses is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs