Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:15 PM   #1
natatos
macrumors regular

Can a MacBook get heat up from dirt where the lid turns and how do you get it out?

My MacBook gets really hot and by where it turns to shut it or open it you can actually feel the heat come up from it so last night I blow in it and a lot of dirt and stuff got on the screen so would one of those cans that shoot out air damage get rid of the dirt and cool it down or not do anything at all?
natatos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:23 PM   #2
uberamd
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by natatos View Post
My MacBook gets really hot and by where it turns to shut it or open it you can actually feel the heat come up from it so last night I blow in it and a lot of dirt and stuff got on the screen so would one of those cans that shoot out air damage get rid of the dirt and cool it down or not do anything at all?
Thats where the vent is, so the hinge area is going to get hot. Be careful with the air cans as they can cause the fans to spin very fast and actually damage them. Also, chances are you will just push the dust further in. Unless you use your laptop in a saw mill, it should be fine. Leave it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help