Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I check out the .Mac page about as often as I go to the dentist. Therefore, I don't know how old the offer on the .Mac page is (hours? days? months?), but I haven't seen it posted here, so, for fellow .Mac members who also never visit the page:

You can get MacAddict for US$20/year, including the CDs. More for Canada/non-US subscribers. For us in the states, that's ~US$1.67/month. Not bad. I tend to buy it whenever I see it, but keep forgetting to subscribe. Just did.

Now, after saving $10 off the subscription, I just need to find $90 more worth of reasons to renew .Mac next year....

Sorry if this is common knowledge.

For those who don't read MacAddict, it's a great mag.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
jsw said:
I check out the .Mac page about as often as I go to the dentist. Therefore, I don't know how old the offer on the .Mac page is (hours? days? months?), but I haven't seen it posted here, so, for fellow .Mac members who also never visit the page:

You can get MacAddict for US$20/year, including the CDs. More for Canada/non-US subscribers. For us in the states, that's ~US$1.67/month. Not bad. I tend to buy it whenever I see it, but keep forgetting to subscribe. Just did.

Now, after saving $10 off the subscription, I just need to find $90 more worth of reasons to renew .Mac next year....

Sorry if this is common knowledge.

For those who don't read MacAddict, it's a great mag.

Thank you for the information jsw. I subscribe to MacAddict and it's also time to renew. Going to look in to that discount.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Intersting, I just opened my July issue and this popped out. I have no use for .Mac and $24 isn't that much different. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MacAddict.jpg
    MacAddict.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 355

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i don't know if i am going to renew my macaddict. not to sound cocky but i already know all the help or hints they throw out there. most pages are full of ads now. they even have their sample pc magizine which will be in production soon in there. they do some cool things, but i don't think it is worth the money anymore. i've bene getting more joy out of reading the long tech articles in wired (bought an issue on pixar in london coming home). I'm even enjoying my maxim magizine more, has better stories lately.

iJon

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Sparky's said:
Intersting, I just opened my July issue and this popped out. I have no use for .Mac and $24 isn't that much different. :rolleyes:

Darn it. Now I have to find $96 of other stuff to justify renewing .Mac. ;)

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Humm, that discount is $5 more than amazon though it does have a CD, but I would save on garbage cost since they never put anything good on them.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
macopia said:
What do they put on the CDs?

They put a lot of demo software, some free (freeware) software, and sometimes they give you free software that would normally cost you cash. They also have a movie every month and a searchable archive of the "Discs."
–Chase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.