Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blurij

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2008
That's basically it. Would like to discuss your PhotoVu digital frame if you have one.
Thanks. It's a great product, but would like to know more of its features.

In particular - what I'm most interested in - is how much photo management do you have with it.
For example - I assume it must have a hierarchical folder/file system.
Let's say I have a main folder called BestPictures and inside that folder I have 3 files: flowers, animals, scenic .

Is there a menu where I can choose the folder BestPictures and then PhotoVu randomly selects one of the three files ( flowers, animals, or scenic) and starts playing the photos randomly in that file.
And then when that file is finished, will PhotoVu then randomly choose one of the remaining other two files and go through the pictures randomly in that file?

PhotoVu claims to be able to process over a hundred thousand photos. I can't imagine it just dumps them all in one folder and then randomly selects. I would think you could select individual themes.

I haven't tried it but have been told that Boinx software has a product called PhotoPresenter that would continually show photos in such a manner as I described, but I know that would only work on a Mac and not on a digital frame.

Thank you very much

bluetees1

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
PhotoVu

Yes, I've owned one for over a year and can't express to you the aggravation and I frustration I've experienced in attempting to network between my IMAC, Airport and the PhotoVu frame.

The IP address constantly changes (which would be solved with a static DHCP) and to make matters worse, their technical service department requires a ticket to be submitted as opposed to telephonically resolving the issue.

The last reply to my ticket was a copy of the user's manual.

Although I'm not experienced in networking, I have 2 friends who are IT managers, both of whom own Macs who attempted to resolve the issue but to no avail.

You're better off buying a Mac Mini and a screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.