Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Joemero
macrumors regular

Help! Black screen with mouse arrow only

I just woke up my 15" mbp by opening the screen and I guess I took to long to enter my login password and now all I have is a black screen with the mouse pointer. I pressed the power button for a couple secs and nothing happens. Any suggestions, I wonder why this happened?
Joemero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:19 PM   #2
walnuts
macrumors 6502

I've had this and similar problems with my Macbook on leopard. I think its a bug. Do you use an external monitor/tv ever? I find that that exacerbates the problem. The only fix I know of is to restart.
walnuts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:44 PM   #3
Joemero
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnuts View Post
I've had this and similar problems with my Macbook on leopard. I think its a bug. Do you use an external monitor/tv ever? I find that that exacerbates the problem. The only fix I know of is to restart.
By restart do you mean holding the power button for a while until it shuts down, then start again? Is there any other way to do it thru the keyboard like with Windows alt ctrl del? Keep in mind this is with a solid black screen with only the mouse pointer active.

BTW I restarted with the power button, and seems fine now, but I would like to know how to do a "soft reset" in case it happens again.
Joemero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro