Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:17 PM   #1
lindorz
macrumors newbie

Scratchy Noise/Popping Noises While playing songs

Not so long ago I have been starting to get some scratchy and popping noises while playing music. For example, I would watch a video on Youtube using Safari browser and then the video sound will go awry and scratchy...the noise would start getting delayed despite the fact that the video has finished loading. I would pause my video and test out the MacBook speakers itself by playing random songs using my iTunes and the songs don't even play properly. I test the speakers itself by playing a movie using VLC and again the sound is not working properly. This seems to have been happening time and time again. Sometimes it will go away if i restart Safari or if I restart my MacBook. Could it be my speakers? or a bad update from Apple? I am also using Leopard OS X.

Thanks. Any help will be appreciated.
lindorz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook