Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I've noticed this issue happening from time to time, but i've not seen anyone else mention it:

It always occurs in iTunes (8.2.1 Mac currently, but happened in prior versions), and the problem is that text in the sidebar & elsewhere disappears. To add to the strangeness, random text remains on display (eg. an album title here, an artist name there), as do all the star ratings and checkboxes. Also all icons in the sidebar remain visible.
The time elapsed/remaining in the now playing area at the top is still visible, but the graphic equaliser is not, nor are the details of the track.

I have begun to wonder about a possible correlation between this vanishing text bug and having just browsed the store/flicked between pages on the store, or having followed a link from one of Apple's iTunes store newsletters (often to music videos which i preview).

Any ideas?

Attachments

• iTunes.jpg
    iTunes.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 53
  • iTunes 2.jpg
    iTunes 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 51

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'll second this motion.

The odd thing is, this never used to happen - only until a couple weeks ago or so. I guess it's not a big deal, but I'd like to know why it's happening and what's causing it.

Full updated (except for SL) late 2008 alum MacBook

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Well, fingers crossed - it's not happened in iTunes 9 yet… shiny!

Maybe this'll just be one of those cases where we'll never actually find out what caused it… but don't really have to worry about it because it's been fixed in a newer version of the software.

bjh1414

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2009
yes, this happened for me in itunes 9, i imported some songs, and no titles :(

BUT i just had to select them, and the text reappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.