Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MTI

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
I apologize if this has been beaten to death already, I only did a quick search.

Would it be possible to have a separate SubForum where all these pointless threads about "Why a Mac over PC" or "Why Do Apple Owners Hate Windows" can be moved consolidated into one long boring thread? The thread will be so long, have so many pages, that only a true idiot would read through it and likely cause severe self injury to themselves.

Worth it, yes? :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If all of the threads on a particular topic were merged into one long thread, there would be no need for a special forum for the thread!

Your suggestion was probably more of a complaint about threads you are tired of seeing than a serious proposal, but one member's pointless thread is another member's topic of interest, many users who have switched to Macs did so after considering exactly the topics you mention, Mac vs PC and OS X vs Windows, and there's no single answer that suits everyone, so we can expect more of those threads in the future.

We've consolidated some of the discussion into the What do you like and dislike about Mac OS X thread and we hope people will continue to use it to discuss the tradeoffs.

MTI

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Perhaps if they were moved to a consistent exsiting forum, such as Community, it would aid future members in where they can get their "fix" of "Mac vs. PC" :cool:

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Perhaps if they were moved to a consistent exsiting forum, such as Community

Some days it seems the "Religion" forum might be more appropriate!

Or we could borrow a page from Usenet and make an "Advocacy" forum, but I don't picture that ending well.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I've always wondered why Macrumors didn't have something like Ars Technica's Battlefront for general cross-platform debate. That could be pretty entertaining, if not necessarily educational ! :p

ipapan

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
"Why Do Apple Owners Hate Windows"

quick comment on the above quote without getting off topic....

I think there are more mac users that hate windows than, windows users that hate macs and that is of course because windows users in their majority don't know that there exists a world out of their little blue windows and their little start button--->All programs.....:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.