Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Hey!

i just jailbreaked my iphone 3gs and have a few questions:

1: can i still sync my phone with itunes (music, pics etc)? or will it just reset the phone back to the default firmware?

2: can i still buy apps from itunes and install them on my phone?

Cydia questions:

1: i read somewhere about an app that disables the music players accelerator (or the entire accelerator for all apps), but i dont remember the name of it, does anyone know were i can find the app?

2: is there any app / mod for fast forward like 10, 20 , 30 seconds in a song by just tapping on the screen? or maybe bind the volume buttons to fast FF / REW?

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
Hey!

1: can i still sync my phone with itunes (music, pics etc)? or will it just reset the phone back to the default firmware?

2: can i still buy apps from itunes and install them on my phone?

Cydia questions:

1: i read somewhere about an app that disables the music players accelerator (or the entire accelerator for all apps), but i dont remember the name of it, does anyone know were i can find the app?

2: is there any app / mod for fast forward like 10, 20 , 30 seconds in a song by just tapping on the screen? or maybe bind the volume buttons to fast FF / REW?

Yes to the first two questions. Don't know the other two.

Bighaugs

Mar 23, 2007
I'm wondering about the second questions, too. I'd love to have a 30-second fast-forward button (like the 30-second rewind they added in 3.0), so that I can quickly and painlessly skip podcast commercials.

Anyone know if there's anything in Cydia (or some other hack) that would allow this functionality?

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
see below

Hey!

1: can i still sync my phone with itunes (music, pics etc)? or will it just reset the phone back to the default firmware? fine to sync with itunes

2: can i still buy apps from itunes and install them on my phone? yes

Cydia questions:

1: i read somewhere about an app that disables the music players accelerator (or the entire accelerator for all apps), but i dont remember the name of it, does anyone know were i can find the app? in cydia search for 'rotation inhibitor'

2: is there any app / mod for fast forward like 10, 20 , 30 seconds in a song by just tapping on the screen? or maybe bind the volume buttons to fast FF / REW? don't know of anything for this

joejrsmith

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
Block Search Option?

Hello,

I was wondering if there were anyway to block the "Search iPhone" option on an iphone? Would something like Lockdown or mAdvLock be able to do that?

Joe

benbis8151

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2014
Cydia

Hi,

I've just purchased a second hand 4th generation ISO 7.1.1 Ipad. The seller jail'bkd it using pangu before I bought it and I noticed that cydia is on it.

I'm useless when it comes to technology, but is it possible to download moviebox now? if so how do you do it??

Many thanks

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Last edited:

Theuglyone

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
I jail broke my phone and everything but now when I open cydia it's says who are you so I tried clicking on user and it said not available right now the only one available is developer....now what do I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.