Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnk1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Is this possible? I know it will probably be the most expensive thing in the world. But, I would love to do it. anyone have ideas? Has it been done before?

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
Why would you think it's expensive? Our Canon photocopier has touch screen. Oh wait, I get it, it's made by Apple. Never liked touch screen though. Gets dirty real fast. I'll probably end up cutting people's fingers off for pointing at my PB. Hell, I'm already doing that to people poking at my 20" Cinema Display.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
It always bothers me when people touch my LCDs as well. I haven't resorted to cutting anyone's fingers off yet, but I really don't like it when they do it :D

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
It's completly possible to get a lay-over for your 15 or 17 inch LCD panal for around 500 bucks. Write some control software and presto. You'll never get a overlay thin enough to close the book, but it is possible.

BEN

saturnk1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks for all the replies. So something like a kit or add-on screen would work best.

saabmp3,
What kind of control software would I have to write? How would I go about doing that? Is the touchscreen add-on kit (usb) just like having a mouse with your finger? Thats what I thought it would be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.