Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Will the up-to-date orders be delivered on the 28th as well? I noticed when i had the $29 version it said "delivered by" but the up-to-date said "ships by the 28th".

anyone know for sure?

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Will the up-to-date orders be delivered on the 28th as well? I noticed when i had the $29 version it said "delivered by" but the up-to-date said "ships by the 28th".

anyone know for sure?

I'm don't know for sure but they will probably do as they already got the address,money,confirmation

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I suspect it will if only because of the cost of shipping. $9.95 or ($13 in Canada) does not strike me as being the postal rate. I suspect that there's some form of express shipping involved.

ddiogyn

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2009
UK
My UK UTD order changed to "prepared for shipping" with no option to cancel as of today, so i imagine it'll arrive on Friday latest.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
The majority of Leopard UTD discs did not arrive on the release date - some did, but most did not.

ddiogyn

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2009
UK
My UK UTD order changed to "prepared for shipping" with no option to cancel as of today, so i imagine it'll arrive on Friday latest.

Disregard that... I just checked again to be sure, and it's reverted to 'not yet shipped'... i'm quite sure i didn't imagine it!:mad:

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
The majority of Leopard UTD discs did not arrive on the release date - some did, but most did not.

Why would Apple cheap out on the people who just bought new machines. Our orders have been in for weeks before these new orders. Fill them accordingly. I really hope they don't try to rip the people off who didn't buy a retail version. Also will my UTD version be a normal box like other people have. Or will it be a disc in a sleeve with a piece of bubble gum to keep it shut.

Dan73

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
I'll be surprised if I receive it on the 28th (I hope I do!) but I think they'll be shipped out on the 28th.

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
I dunno for sure, but I think it's supposed to be delivered on the 28th. I ordered Snow Leopard (not UTD) and a mini-DVI to video adapter yesterday between 9 and 10 a.m. Central. The adapter said it would ship within 24 hours. Here were are, 36-37 hours later, and it still says the status is "prepared for shipment". Lame. I hope they're not behind on SL shipments.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
Mine says that it will ship BY the 28th. So there's a chance it might ship before then and arrive on the 28th. In Canada by the way.

Edit: Oh, and I put my order in on the 20th.

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
I dunno for sure, but I think it's supposed to be delivered on the 28th. I ordered Snow Leopard (not UTD) and a mini-DVI to video adapter yesterday between 9 and 10 a.m. Central. The adapter said it would ship within 24 hours. Here were are, 36-37 hours later, and it still says the status is "prepared for shipment". Lame. I hope they're not behind on SL shipments.

This is about UTD not normal

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
I have 2 orders outstanding, 1 for my older iMac & MBP, and 1 for a 3 day old MBA. The family pack ordered for the older systems shows: delivered by Aug 28. The UTD for the MBA shows: ships by Aug 28.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Disregard that... I just checked again to be sure, and it's reverted to 'not yet shipped'... i'm quite sure i didn't imagine it!:mad:

Check it via the US Apple Store.

As of this morning, mine says "Prepared for Shipment" if I log into my account via the US Apple Store but it just says "Not Yet Shipped" on the UK Store.

Either way it won't let me cancel.

Hoping it ships later today so I get it on Friday. :)

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
This is about UTD not normal

I know, my point is that my order said it would ship before 10 a.m. this morning, and that was over 17 hours ago, but it still hasn't shipped, so maybe they're having trouble keeping up with orders or something.

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Check it via the US Apple Store.

As of this morning, mine says "Prepared for Shipment" if I log into my account via the US Apple Store but it just says "Not Yet Shipped" on the UK Store.

Either way it won't let me cancel.

Hoping it ships later today so I get it on Friday. :)

Good tip! Nice to see something is happening, other than the fact that it has "Not yet shipped" I can't cancel it today either, whereas I could yesterday. Perhaps they are being sent today/tonight. Here's hoping!

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Hi there - UK user question -
I checked here - https://input.media.euro.apple.com/uptodatestatus/status.php?lang=uk

But only get
We have received your application and supporting documents on [] and approved your claim. After collecting the Postage & Packing fee, your order will be shipped to the address you provided for your order.

Is the payment fouled up? Wondering if UK people are seeing different - I can't see anything about the up to date order just using the normal UK Apple store status check page.

rikarudo

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
Hi there - UK user question -
I checked here - https://input.media.euro.apple.com/uptodatestatus/status.php?lang=uk

But only get
We have received your application and supporting documents on [] and approved your claim. After collecting the Postage & Packing fee, your order will be shipped to the address you provided for your order.

Is the payment fouled up? Wondering if UK people are seeing different - I can't see anything about the up to date order just using the normal UK Apple store status check page.

Same here! And I know of at least another case. However, I've no idea if there's something wrong or not with the up-to-date program.

Anyone else?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I know, my point is that my order said it would ship before 10 a.m. this morning, and that was over 17 hours ago, but it still hasn't shipped, so maybe they're having trouble keeping up with orders or something.

They're not behind, they are just not shipping SL early. No need to panic.

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
They're not behind, they are just not shipping SL early. No need to panic.

I'm talking about my adapter. My order said the two items would ship separately as they became available, and it said the adapter would be shipped within 24 hours. Now I'm up to about 44 and stuck on "Prepared for shipment".

Not panicking though. They did update the "delivered by" date so instead of it maybe taking till next week, it should be here by Thursday or Friday. But still, it's taken almost twice as long to ship as it said it would, which is kind of annoying. There's no reason an adapter should take two days just to get dropped in the mail.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If you want to check how your order is doing, try pressing 'cancel'.

If its prepped for shipping it wont allow you to do so. ;)

maclaw21

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
This is something I've wondered about as well.

My order status on Apple kept saying "Not yet shipped," and so I called Apple to see what was up. The rep told me that my order was shipping out tomorrow (8/27) and that it was being over-nighted to me so that I would have it on Friday (8/28). This is certainly great news; I just wish Apple had provided better information in the beginning.

I received conflicting reports from Apple reps via the chat as to when the SL UTD would ship and when it would be delivered. Apple needs to do a better job next time syncing their information and letting us know when we can expect to receive it.

Hope this info helps!

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
the only people who won't be getting Snow Leopard on time are the people who just spent over $1500 on a computer and opted to go for the uptodate program. Don't expect your disc until September because Apple is giving you all them middle finger by tossing a disc into an envelope and handing it to slow US mail. Apple is a disgrace. I have never received anything but poor customer service from Apple. And I'm very annoyed. That is my vent and information for loyal Apple customers who recently bought a computer from apple and thought that they deserved equal treatment from this company.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
the only people who won't be getting Snow Leopard on time are the people who just spent over $1500 on a computer and opted to go for the uptodate program. Don't expect your disc until September because Apple is giving you all them middle finger by tossing a disc into an envelope and handing it to slow US mail. Apple is a disgrace. I have never received anything but poor customer service from Apple. And I'm very annoyed. That is my vent and information for loyal Apple customers who recently bought a computer from apple and thought that they deserved equal treatment from this company.

For the sake of a few days? Think of it as Apple letting others rush in and iron out the bugs or at least report them for you before you get your disc. If you really want it, head to a shop and ask for the Up to Date price and vent?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

When I ordered my UTD copy I don't recall Apple stating I'd get it ON release day. I may or may not, too soon to say, but I don't expect it. You shouldn't either since Apple never made such a claim.

But, if you are that antsy to get it on launch day, put down $29 clams and go buy a copy. You spent $1500 on a computer, whats another $29 for instant gratification? Otherwise I'm sure you'll survive a few more days on 10.5.

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
When I ordered my UTD copy I don't recall Apple stating I'd get it ON release day. I may or may not, too soon to say, but I don't expect it. You shouldn't either since Apple never made such a claim.

But, if you are that antsy to get it on launch day, put down $29 clams and go buy a copy. You spent $1500 on a computer, whats another $29 for instant gratification? Otherwise I'm sure you'll survive a few more days on 10.5.
I was just annoyed at the way they treat the UTD orders like they were second class. And please don't tell me what to expect from my purchases. It's money and if all other orders are getting free overnight shipping. I SHOULD expect mine to get these same benefits. Especially considering they have had more than two weeks to prepare my order for shipment. Yet, my info still doesn't say prepared for shipping while others have had theres shipped or are prepared. That is what I call prioritizing orders which is pretty bad considering I supported them by putting my cash down even though there was a new version of leopard coming out. I still payed and I still deserve the same shipping that people have gotten that just ordered a day ago or in the future. And please don't say you'll survive. As if I myself have not given up anything for the acquistion of this software. My money is on the table and I am getting poor service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.