Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:31 PM   #1
felixen
macrumors 6502a

Default Can you somehow use the iPhone as a mic on your PC?

I guess this could be done wireless with an app.. I dunno, it would be cool though. This way I could give voice commands to my Mac Mini without having to buy a headset/mic
felixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:59 PM   #2
CarlyLyon
macrumors member

look at some jailbreak options i pretty sure cydia has it... but it owuld be really cool fi you could. I know u can control your itunes with your iphone though
CarlyLyon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixen View Post
I guess this could be done wireless with an app.. I dunno, it would be cool though. This way I could give voice commands to my Mac Mini without having to buy a headset/mic
A better question is, can you use the iPhone headphones to do this. I've heard that you can control iTunes on the newer MBPs with the headphones, but not sure about a wireless mic w/ the phone itself.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 01:11 PM   #4
felixen
macrumors 6502a

word that would be cool..

As for the cydia thing, I used to have my ipod touch jailbroken all the time, but Ive gotten kinda sick and tired of having to start all over in any app/game I have on there each time a new update is out (and I will have to jailbreak again).

So I dunno if Im gonna jailbreak my iphone when I get it tomorrow. Theres not any way to save and transfer the app/game save data is there?
felixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 02:06 PM   #5
davehutch
macrumors 6502

You can use an app called Megaphone (free), then connect the headphone output of the iPhone to the Mic input of your PC.
Voila!...microphone
davehutch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:05 AM   #6
piatti
macrumors 6502a

what about on ur MacBook?
piatti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone