Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
The Snow Leopard Wikidot says Quicksilver b56a7 works fine with 10.6.

That isn't my experience. It crashes continuously. I've tried removing the entire Quicksilver folder from Application Support, thus starting fresh, but the application still crashes.

Anyone else having problems? Any ideas for a fix?

leumas27

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
Same

I have the same issue. I was able to determine which plugins where causing the crash. It no longer crashes, but it won't open any apps.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Which version did you switch back to?

I deleted my entire plugins folder and yet it was still crashing.

cboglio

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2007
To the OP...

I was having the same problems. I deleted the app and reinstalled but that still didnt work. I downloaded Appcleaner (a free app removing program recommended by MacWorld mag.) That did the trick. Have the Appcleaner remove all the lil' behind the scene junk. Then reinstall. Everything is working fine for me.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
To the OP...

I was having the same problems. I deleted the app and reinstalled but that still didnt work. I downloaded Appcleaner (a free app removing program recommended by MacWorld mag.) That did the trick. Have the Appcleaner remove all the lil' behind the scene junk. Then reinstall. Everything is working fine for me.

I'll have to try that. I have a trial version of Hazel that will cleanup all of the associated files.

jwc1230

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
I still can't seem to get it to work. Even using app cleaner and reinstalling it doesn't install to my application folder. Any thoughts?

run-kmc

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
I deleted the old version, deleted the Quicksilver folder under ~/Library/Application Support, installed the new version, and away we went, good as new.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
Worked for me after clearing out the Library files.

But I'm having a different error. Right now, the QS HUD only shows up in space #1. If I'm in another space and invoke Quicksilver, it shifts to the first space. Any ideas?

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
To the OP...
I downloaded Appcleaner (a free app removing program recommended by MacWorld mag.) That did the trick. Have the Appcleaner remove all the lil' behind the scene junk. Then reinstall. Everything is working fine for me.

I used CleanApp which removes EVERYTHING and it still crashes when trying to install some plugins through the preference menu with the latest build. Almost all of the culprits are everything is the S category.

timeslip

macrumors member
May 20, 2007
Worked for me after clearing out the Library files.

But I'm having a different error. Right now, the QS HUD only shows up in space #1. If I'm in another space and invoke Quicksilver, it shifts to the first space. Any ideas?

I have the exact same problem. Let me know if come up with a fix.

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Late last night I re-installed the latest version and I avoided like a plague all plugins within the S category and I'm all good now. This has worked for me but I have read in other threads that the Cs' are pretty buggy as well.

nineohtoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
Thanks guys. I've been holding off on upgrading because I can't live without quicksilver and I like having istat on my menu bar.

Also, are you guys upgrading or doing clean installs? I don't really want to do a clean install if I can avoid it.

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks guys. I've been holding off on upgrading because I can't live without quicksilver and I like having istat on my menu bar.

Also, are you guys upgrading or doing clean installs? I don't really want to do a clean install if I can avoid it.

QS does work. Read my post above. It took me several tries until I figured out which plugins to avoid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.