Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Elzlaik
macrumors regular

Annoying Address Book Label Printing

Damn, I just installed Snow Leopard and see they haven't fixed a pretty major hole in the Address Book label printing process. Address Book still doesn't let you choose which label on a sheet to print on. Say I print one label, then later I go back to print another one. I need to throw away that sheet of 9 unused labels because Address Book will only print starting from the first label. I mean, Mac Word got this right. If Apple wants me to use Address Book for contacts, then they should provide a useful interface for printing labels.

Well, that's my rant for the day. Love Snow Leopard otherwise in the short time I've known it.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:41 AM   #2
loganie
macrumors newbie

Printing from Address Book

Still trying to figure out how to print from address book also with Snow Leopard not an easy task, did you ever find out how to do this

Thanks
loganie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Locoweed
macrumors member

When I looked in to it, there were no reasonably priced apps that I liked, that would let you select the label position on a sheet. Got frustrated and bought a stand alone label printer. I'm not real thrilled with the Seiko 440 I bought & would recommend something else if you go that route. The printer is ok, but the software is kind of sucky.
Locoweed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:26 PM   #4
aarongang
macrumors newbie

Mac Address Book Specific label fix??

When I was running leopard, I used my old (I believe) free palm desktop software. Drag a vcard from mail into palm, open it in palm go to print, make proper selections. It will let you select a specific label. Palm desktop will not run on Lion. Lion no longer supports a PPC emulator.
aarongang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:20 PM   #5
illegalprelude
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to illegalprelude Send a message via MSN to illegalprelude Send a message via Yahoo to illegalprelude
silly but this is still an issue with Lion. I can't choose to print 25 of the same labels and so I have to do one page with 1 label at a time? Wack

Last edited by illegalprelude; Oct 16, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
illegalprelude is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X