Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released Server Admin Tools 10.6, providing software utilities to enable Snow Leopard client systems to administer servers running Leopard Server and Snow Leopard Server.
This download contains remote administration tools, documentation, and utilities that you can install on a computer other than your server. For more information on how to use the included software, see the Documentation section below The Server Admin Tools 10.6 can be installed on Mac OS X 10.6 and used to administer Mac OS X Server 10.5 and 10.6. See this article for compatibility details.
Server Admin Tools 10.6 contains the following software utilities: Server Preferences and Server Status widget, Server Admin, Server Monitor, Workgroup Manager, Podcast Composer, System Image Utility, Xgrid Admin, and QuickTime Broadcaster. The software package weighs in at 240.82 MB and requires OS X 10.6.

Article Link: Apple Releases Server Admin Tools 10.6

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Can anybody download this? Whenever I click on the Download link, I get an error page.

EDIT: Ok, now the link is working.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Is this the same thing that comes on the DVD included with Snow Leopard Server?

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
Should be noted that the dmg also includes an installer for a iPhone configuration Utility. Not sure as to the use but something to play with.

Kenndac

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2003
It's worth noting that while the 10.6 admin tools can administer a 10.5 server, they cannot be used to set up a brand new one using Server Assistant - the assistant reports that the 10.5 server is running an incompatible version and cannot be set up.

The 10.5 version of Server Assistant simply doesn't run on 10.6. So, if you need to set up a new 10.5 server remotely and are running 10.6 on your admin computer, you're SOL.

Unfortunately, I had to set up an Xserve G5 (that has no graphics card so I have to do it remotely) running 10.5.8 Server using my SL laptop yesterday. Eventually I had to SSH into it, get it connected to the internet using networksetup then drive home and boot my Mac Pro into 10.5 to complete setup. Bah! :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Tip: Remember that you can run Server Admin Tools on any client Mac, not just on the server, so update this package wherever you have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.