Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Imola Ghost
macrumors 65816

SL Mail won't save my email password?

I've tried and tried to save it but it just stays blank. I've deleted the email account several times but without success.

I've also noticed that Safari will not save my internet login password. I'm staying in a hotel and every 24 hours or so, I'll need to re-login. Using SL & Safari the username stays there but not the password. Before the SL install everything was fine, my email password and the hotel username & password would always be input and remembered.
Imola Ghost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:06 PM   #2
AdeFowler
macrumors 68020

I think you'd be better off troubleshooting in Keychain (Utilities > Keychain)

Start by running Keychain First Aid. If that doesn't work, delete the items in question in Keychain, and see if they stick when you enter them again in Mail/Safari.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 01:07 PM   #3
Garrod
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernboy View Post
I think you'd be better off troubleshooting in Keychain (Utilities > Keychain)

Start by running Keychain First Aid. If that doesn't work, delete the items in question in Keychain, and see if they stick when you enter them again in Mail/Safari.

I must admit, I've been having the same problem since I installed Snow Leopard. I've tried what you suggested but to no avail.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X