Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Today i tried do download some anime at animesuki.com and since i use transmission as my torrent client, it refuse the download or upload. I never had that issue with leopard but with snow leopard it refuse to upload anything to the web.

I had to turn the firewall off.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Today i tried do download some anime at animesuki.com and since i use transmission as my torrent client, it refuse the download or upload. I never had that issue with leopard but with snow leopard it refuse to upload anything to the web.

I had to turn the firewall off.

Have you installed the latest update for Transmission? It has specific support for Snow Leopard and is also 64-bit.

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
Im still waiting for a quick shutdown time for Transmission. It usually hangs for me and if I click Apple>Shutdown, it will cancel out because Transmission is shutting down and takes too long.

But the first few times I ran the new Transmission, it took quite a while for it to connect and start downloading anything.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
I just installed transmission for the first time yesterday. Prior to that I was using Vuze

Same problems, for the most part
-Hangs on shutdown
-Takes a while to start downloading

I had a problem with it interacting with files at first (it saved files in weird places), but I re-selected the downloads directory again in preferences and it seems to have fixed it.

Maybe this "file sharing blocked" thing is that same file-related problem. Try doing what I did.

By the way: even though Vuze is faster to start downloading and shutting down, I prefer transmission's interface enough to stick with it... that is, unless that file problem returns.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
I upgraded Transmission to 64-bits and now it works!

Thanks Daveoc64

deltaiscain

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
ye, the 1.74+ works, but they still haven't fixed the most important bug, complete and total system lockups. :mad: I was hoping so badly that the 1.74 version would be awesome, bug free, no more lockups. 3 mins into downloading 3 files, with max peers on 1000, and per file on 200, downloading at 1.5MB/s, total system lockup. Had to force quit computer. :mad: Back to uTorrent. :(

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
ye, the 1.74+ works, but they still haven't fixed the most important bug, complete and total system lockups. :mad: I was hoping so badly that the 1.74 version would be awesome, bug free, no more lockups. 3 mins into downloading 3 files, with max peers on 1000, and per file on 200, downloading at 1.5MB/s, total system lockup. Had to force quit computer. :mad: Back to uTorrent. :(

I've never experienced anything like that on any version of Transmission with Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard? :confused:

deltaiscain

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
I've never experienced anything like that on any version of Transmission with Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard? :confused:

Unfortunately I've had it multiple times, on Leopard and Snow Leopard. It's my favorite torrent downloader, but it's so irritating that it just locks up. It uses way less CPU usage than uTorrent, but uTorrent doesn't freeze.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.