Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
jakeopolis
macrumors member

"address book" type app for PC to sync iphone contacts?

hey all,

my dad will be buying an iphone and uses a PC. he needs to be able to view/edit his contacts on his computer (in an "address book" type application), but also sync them seamlessly and automatically with his iphone. i've heard outlook would work, but he doesn't use that for mail. what about windows address book?

thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:03 PM   #2
daihard
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to daihard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeopolis View Post
hey all,

my dad will be buying an iphone and uses a PC. he needs to be able to view/edit his contacts on his computer (in an "address book" type application), but also sync them seamlessly and automatically with his iphone. i've heard outlook would work, but he doesn't use that for mail. what about windows address book?
On Vista, I believe it is Windows Address Book that the iPhone syncs with. Which version of Windows does your father use?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:18 PM   #3
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
hey all,

thanks!
You can use Windows Address Book or Outlook. However, I would suggest using Outlook, since it does a better job of syncing than WAB. Just create a hotmail account and don't use it.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 01:34 PM   #4
jakeopolis
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daihard View Post
On Vista, I believe it is Windows Address Book that the iPhone syncs with. Which version of Windows does your father use?
he's using XP - i've been reading that itunes (on PC) will sync with address book for windows, does anyone know if this is true/easy? i'm a mac guy so my pc knowledge is kind of limited.

thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 03:07 PM   #5
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
he's using XP - i've been reading that itunes (on PC) will sync with address book for windows, does anyone know if this is true/easy? i'm a mac guy so my pc knowledge is kind of limited.

thanks!
I've already told you to use Outlook.

And Outlook or WAB is easy. However, Outlook will give you a better sync. You'll also get the pics that you associate with contacts if you use Outlook.

Use Outlook.

Last edited by -aggie-; Aug 30, 2009 at 03:13 PM.
-aggie- is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone