Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Sorry to bother you guys with another MMS thread but this one is a little different. I've had MMS working since around January and in June the updated carrier file came out with the new MMS icon to send MMS and it worked well. Well today i restored my phone as a new phone and downloaded the carrier file and am running it on 5.0 but there is no MMS icon, what can i do to fix it does anyone know, thanks in advance for the help.

Edit - If you want the latest hacked/updated carrier file 5.1 (includes MMS and Tethering) follow this link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255854728/ATT_US.ipcc.html

Download the file, run terminal and input the following message

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

The reason you have to put in that message is because the latest itunes doesnt let you choose any .ipcc file but after you enter it, it will allow you to choose it as a restore point.

So after you enter the message, option + click on the restore button and locate the 5.1 .ipcc file and open it and let it load. After it loads, restart your phone. You'll notice when you go into network settings, you'll have the choice to turn tethering on, and under messages you'll see MMS enabled along with the MMS icon next to the entry field. Whether MMS works on your phone or not is whether or not there is a block on your account for MMS.

nitemare

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
short answer- wait for it to be offically released by AT&T.

or just try a hard reset of your phone. that should bring it up

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
i restarted the phone and it still didnt pop up, i have the option to tether but nothing about MMS

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
Something happened while loading the file, try to reload it, then restart.
You may have to load 4.0 then 5.0 to get it back. I had to load 4.0 twice to remove the MMS and tethering options last week.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
5.0 Carrier File

Where can I get the latest 5.0 file. I have MMS, but no teathering using 4.5

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
Where can I get the latest 5.0 file. I have MMS, but no teathering using 4.5

4.5 is a legit AT&T file, hence, no tethering.
The latest hacked carrier file is 5.1.
I'd post it for you, but I'm posting from my phone, I'm at my brother's house right now.

If you do a search on here, you can probably find it, it's here.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
if you could be so kind when you get back, can you please post hacked file 5.1 id greatly appreciate it

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
i tried your advice and went back to 4.0, then went back up to 5.0 and i still dont have the camera icon for mms i dont know what to do

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Is MMS on under Messaging ?

I am assuming that you checked to ensure that MMS was on under Messaging. That controls the camera as well.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I am assuming that you checked to ensure that MMS was on under Messaging. That controls the camera as well.

lol yeah i checked its still not there iono what to do tether is there and works fine but mms isnt there, its been there before cuz ive done it i dont know whats changed

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2008
Do you have to be jailbroken to load that 5.0 file? Or can it be done easily just from itunes?
Will that file enable MMS as soon as it is loaded onto the phone?

How do you get it on the phone?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Do you have to be jailbroken to load that 5.0 file? Or can it be done easily just from itunes?
Will that file enable MMS as soon as it is loaded onto the phone?

How do you get it on the phone?

Just download the file, open iTunes, choose 'Restore' while holding the option button. Choose the file you need and restore it.

Lakerfan210

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Well I don't know how long it's going to work. Mine is not jailbroken I just updated carrier file through itunes

mms.jpg

ichabodkky

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
alpha - do you know if it will work on snow leopard? my .ipcc file wont highlight when i click option restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.