Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Congratulations and thank you to all, past and present, who contributed to the 7,000,000 points (and >250,000 WUs) folded by the MacRumors Team (#3446).

If you are not a folder yet, or are not a folder anymore, please consider joining our effort and fold for team 3446.

Folding@home is a distributed computing effort lead by Stanford University scientists which uses UNUSED CPU cycles from donors computers to study how poteins fold, misfold and aggregate. Solving this important scientific problem will help understand basic biological processes and will help to understand many diseases and to develop new therapies.

for more information check out
F@H homepage or team 3446 FAQ thread in the forum.

Join us: it's good, it's fun, it's free

edit: did I mention we are team 3446? ;)

Attachments

• mrfolding3.jpg
    mrfolding3.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Foldgif3op.gif
    Foldgif3op.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 146

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Don't panic said:
Congratulations and thank you to all, past and present, who contributed to the 7,000,000 points (and >250,000 WUs) folded by the MacRumors Team (#3446).

If you are not a folder yet, or are not a folder anymore, please consider joining our effort and fold for team 3446.

Folding@home is a distributed computing effort lead by Stanford University scientists which uses UNUSED CPU cycles from donors computers to study how poteins fold, misfold and aggregate. Solving this important scientific problem will help understand basic biological processes and will help to understand many diseases and to develop new therapies.

for more information check out
F@H homepage or team 3446 FAQ thread in the forum.

Join us: it's good, it's fun, it's free

edit: did I mention we are team 3446? ;)

Than you Don't panic and congratualtions. I just found out to my surprise that I have hit the 8,000 mark today. Are we going to be able to use that banner?

cjc343

macrumors 6502
The top one can be used anywhere you are able to (Sigs on other boards, personal website, etc...) so long as you do not try to edit it (or succeed in editing it...). If you would like any changes made (except for the removal of the "Made by" tag in the lower right) feel free to contact me.

There is another version with the macrumors logo in it. If you want it, I will try to find it.

I don't know about the bottom one since I didn't make it.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Good Job team.

I think I have that image, tho the place hosting it right now is down... :eek: :mad:

So I guess you can get that one here.

Good Job.

Attachments

• Foldgif4.gif
    Foldgif4.gif
    72.3 KB · Views: 127
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.