Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've not played a console GoW game, how do they compare to the PSP version? I was all for that but it turns out to be short and repetitive.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
F***. You. Sony!
I NEED MONIES FOR RENT AND UTILITIES!
WHY DO YOU TEMPT MEEEEEEE!!!!!!
This is incredible!
I wanted a BC PS3 just for the Gow 1&2.
Now I dont need one!
FUUUUUUUUUUUU-------!

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I've not played a console GoW game, how do they compare to the PSP version? I was all for that but it turns out to be short and repetitive.

Same game, just longer. Things work a better with the second stick too.

F***. You. Sony!
I NEED MONIES FOR RENT AND UTILITIES!
WHY DO YOU TEMPT MEEEEEEE!!!!!!
This is incredible!
I wanted a BC PS3 just for the Gow 1&2.
Now I dont need one!
FUUUUUUUUUUUU-------!

Get a second job.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Wished they did the same with ICO, SoTC, Primal and Mark of Kri...I would buy them in a heartbeat. I'll be getting this package as well, its about time someone followed the Nintendo way and bring out the old games with waggle or in this case higher res.

Bless

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ok but these are PS2 games. Why are they not going to be running at 1080p. So much for FULL HD Support Sony :rolleyes:

Would buy them, but already have both on PS2 and my PS3 upscales them anyway.... so I wont be.....

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Ok but these are PS2 games. Why are they not going to be running at 1080p. So much for FULL HD Support Sony :rolleyes:

Would buy them, but already have both on PS2 and my PS3 upscales them anyway.... so I wont be.....

tumblr_koji4tzdjF1qzon5ko1_500.gif

oh MRU...;)

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Before reading the link, I thought you meant Gears of War.

Then (Still without reading it) I came to the conclusion you meant God of War.
Then I confirmed that :p.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

oh MRU...;)

Given the previous system these were on it's not much to expect full HD support.
On a sidenote I'm all for these modern ports. I'd certainly rebuy the best of last gen, updated for modern consoles (Halo 1 in 1080p. F-Zero GX and Windwaker with motion controls. Oh and FFX-XII on PSP please :p).

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
The title of this thread is VERY accurate... They really seem to be making a lot of NON-BONEHEAD decisions these days. That is a sharp contrast to when the system first came out. Maybe they realize they can no longer be cocky...

So I will definitely be picking this up. I'm quite excited for it.

I would love it if they would release ALL of the MGS games on one Blu-Ray as well. They would definitely fit. I don't even care if you upscale them. Just let me beat them all, since I don't have PS2 compatibility and this is my first Sony console i've owned.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

oh MRU...;)

Whats with the pic, you calling me FAT ? ;)

Knock a couple of stone off, I'm PS3 slim man and you know it :p:p:p:p

:D:D

But yeah I am serious, if my PS3 can upscale GOW 1&2 to 1080p, surely what can't the repackaged blu-ray version do the same ? Just doesn't make sense at all.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
God of War came first, so it deserves to be called GoW :p. And then there is the fact that I doubt Gears of War would be released on Blu-Ray.

Then HP owns the right to use i before products, and tell all those people calling the iPod touch an "iTouch" that the EPOS software under the same name came first ;).
I guess it just depends on what is more, grah, "popular".

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
But yeah I am serious, if my PS3 can upscale GOW 1&2 to 1080p, surely what can't the repackaged blu-ray version do the same ? Just doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe their putting a little more effort into the "touch up" than it appears and that might be the cause of not scaling it to full 1080p. Either way I'll be getting them because I don't have GoW1/2 for the PS2 anymore and its a steal of a deal.

Bless

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
So, if this GoW Collection does well (and I have a feeling it will), what other "Collections" do you think could follow?

Here's my guesses:

- Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (wouldn't do anything for me, but there are lots of fans)

- Team Ico Collection (I can dream, right?)

- GTA Collection

- Ratchet & Clank Collection

- Final Fantasy Collection?

- Tony Hawk Collection (Parts 1-3, I would love that!)

Some of these are a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't say it's impossible...

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
GoW = God Of War
GeOW = Gears of War

MRU, nice to see you are back to your old self ;)

God of War came first, so it deserves to be called GoW :p. And then there is the fact that I doubt Gears of War would be released on Blu-Ray.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
So, if this GoW Collection does well (and I have a feeling it will), what other "Collections" do you think could follow?

Here's my guesses:

- Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (wouldn't do anything for me, but there are lots of fans)

- Team Ico Collection (I can dream, right?)

- GTA Collection

- Ratchet & Clank Collection

- Final Fantasy Collection?

- Tony Hawk Collection (Parts 1-3, I would love that!)

Some of these are a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't say it's impossible...

There already was a GTA collection on the PC (or on Steam at least, I hases it!). I'd definitely go for a Final Fantasy, Tony Hawk and Team Ico collection.

FFI-VI and VII-X on the PSP,
FFXI and XII for the PS3.
Would just make my day.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
IF I owed a PS# this would be a must buy as I haven't played through GoWII.

IF Sony makes plans to have more of these (especially a Team ICO one) and I fall into some money, I may have to buy a PS3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.