Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jun 30, 2004, 02:33 PM   #1
Chronos
macrumors newbie

Bad Video Card??

I just received my 12" iBook yesterday. Turned it on, heard the chime, got to the setup and registration screen, and something there was something screwy with the picture. Didn't know how to take a screen shot at that time (my first mac!) but the problem has persisted.

The problem is difficult to explain: it seems like a part of the screen is segregated and shift in a way. The problem goes away if, for example I use Expose, but does NOT go away by hovering the mouse over the affected region. The problem happens every once in a while, so it's not a consistent thing. Attached is a cropped screen shot.

I talked to an apple techie, he suggested I upgrade to 10.3.4. I did so, but no change!

Help! TIA
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Picture 1.bmp (95.0 KB, 147 views)
Chronos is offline   0
Old Jun 30, 2004, 02:45 PM   #2
MoparShaha
macrumors 68000

That is pretty weird. I'd try a fresh install. Reformat your drive and reinstall OS X. I know that kinda sucks because it's a brand new machine, but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't fix it, then I'd definately say you have a hardware problem.
MoparShaha is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers