Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superninjagoat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Apex, N.C
Missing the Photoshop forums, I PMed MudBug. Conversation follows:

Mudbug said:
superninjagoat said:
Are these coming back? I have to say they were my favorite MacRumors:Forums feature. If you're finding you don't have the time or inclination to continue, I'd be more than happy to pick up the standard.

s.n.goat

I happily hand over the torch - I've been a bit busy, and participation seemed to drop over the last few of them, so I thought we'd take a break. If you wanna start doing them, by all means, enjoy. All I ask is that you link the rules thread at the beginning of each one, and keep the subject matter clean.

Otherwise - thanks a lot - and I hope I get to participate in a few.

- Mud

So, I guess I've got the helm (helm, torch, standard -- so many metaphors!).

The rules
PM me a pic

I'm thinking about an advanced Photoshop thread as well -- maybe two a month -- to accompany the general Photoshop thread. For "adult swim" we'd work with higher-resolution files and a few rules or themes (i.e. make objects in the image appear to be on fire or underwater). Anyone interested?

On with the pic. The Fed raised interest rates up a quarter percent to 1.25 percent. Show Greenspan some love. :)

Attachments

• greenspan.jpg
    greenspan.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 247

superninjagoat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Apex, N.C
Green-er-span

I'll do a better one later ... and may the Scwartz be with you!

Attachments

• greenerspan.jpg
    greenerspan.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 214

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Not the identical Greenspan photo, granted, but I couldn't resist.

Greenspock

Attachments

• greenspan_spock.jpg
    greenspan_spock.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 209

joelc

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2003
CA
To do that job for 25 years, he must be from somewhere else

Attachments

• alan.jpg
    alan.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 163

joelc

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2003
CA
Some more, please?

Where is everyone? No one has posted a new one for hours. Don't these typically get a bigger response?

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Just in time for 4th of July

Dunno why but the song "Secret Lovers," kept running through my head while i was making this one.

Attachments

• greenspan_bush.jpg
    greenspan_bush.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 215

superninjagoat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Apex, N.C
Can't see a **** thing

Without huge glasses, he's just another confused old man.

He once said:

"I have learned to mumble with great incoherence. I guess I should warn you, if I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I've said."

Yet I wouldn't have it any other way.

Attachments

• noglasses.jpg
    noglasses.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 200

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Zauis - that is hi- larious - it's funny I thought the same exact thing today after catching a poster with that guy on my way into a local grocery store. Perfect! Great screen name BTW - I'm a huge fan of anything ape-related.

Peep my contributions on a previous Photoshop forum to see some Beneath The POTA related shots of Steve Balmer.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/73197/

Moderator (superninjagoat) please follow Mudbug's lead with future Photoshop threads and post links to all the previous week's threads. It's really fun to look back on all this and it's easier with the links at the top of the thread.

Thanks.

Dr. Zauis

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2004
St. Louis, MO
aricher said:
Zauis - that is hi- larious - it's funny I thought the same exact thing today after catching a poster with that guy on my way into a local grocery store. Perfect! Great screen name BTW - I'm a huge fan of anything ape-related.

Peep my contributions on a previous Photoshop forum to see some Beneath The POTA related shots of Steve Balmer.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/73197/
thanks, it was actually my first submission to a photoshop thread
Nice Vader BTW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.