Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBean

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Since I upgraded, my system is almost running as if there was a memory leak. The longer I play, the worse it gets.

Before SL I was generally lag free (cept what came from the server) but now I am getting game lag. Screen tearing and even audio seems to start to lag and tear.

Anyone else having any issues?

I know I asked on the serve I was on and one other person mentioned it also.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
My copy of CoD4 seems to be running about the same (maybe a little better) than it did in 10.5.8.

I don't see screen tearing either.

Hmm...

I'm running a Mac Pro with an ATI Radeon HD 4870 if that matters.

Good luck on figuring this one out man. Perhaps 10.6.1 will fix your issue.

customsnow

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Since I upgraded, my system is almost running as if there was a memory leak. The longer I play, the worse it gets.

Before SL I was generally lag free (cept what came from the server) but now I am getting game lag. Screen tearing and even audio seems to start to lag and tear.

Anyone else having any issues?

I know I asked on the serve I was on and one other person mentioned it also.

im experiencing all of this as well turning things down did not seem to change much either

phyphaen

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Cod4 is almost unplayable after upgrading to snow leopard on my 2,2 SR MBP, gf8600 128mb..
It's great the first 1-2mins, then i get 3-4fps and laggy sound.
Seems like a memory leak to me..

suny05

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
Hi,

After I have upgraded to snow leopard, it gets really lagging when I playing Cod4 Modern Warfare. Specially after 10mins - 15mins of game playing. I have a MacBookPro, even I switch to 9000m GT graphic card, still has the same problem.

Just wondering those people who has no lagging issues on Cod4 after upgraded to SL, how did u guys install the SL? upgrade or install from scratch?? Cause some of my friends suggest that make a clean install, then install SL from scratch. However I haven't tried that because I have to backup my data.

thanks

MrBean

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
People should list how much RAM they have in order to get a comparison.

2 gigs.

However that shouldn't matter since I could run perfectly fine before the upgrade... unless SL is seriously that much more memory intensive.

Also, it's not as if the entire time is lagging and running slow... it's more liike a memory leak. The longer you play, the slower, laggier it gets.

suny05

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
I have 4 GB RAM on my MacBook Pro, and I checked out the activity monitor while the game is running and also lagging, there is about 1.3GB free memory remained, therefore I don;t think there is not enough RAM to run the game.

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2003
For those of you that own a legit copy of the game, please open up tickets at Aspyr's support site:

http://support.aspyr.com/

The more people who complain about incompatibilities/memory leaks, the sooner the developers will release a patch!

customsnow

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
For those of you that own a legit copy of the game, please open up tickets at Aspyr's support site:

http://support.aspyr.com/

The more people who complain about incompatibilities/memory leaks, the sooner the developers will release a patch!

ya i did that and they told me to update to 1.7.1 or whatever they have had out for a while which i had already done a while ago and that through there tests they have not had any problems i even let them know that others were having problems but that did not change anything i guess

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2003
ya i did that and they told me to update to 1.7.1 or whatever they have had out for a while which i had already done a while ago and that through there tests they have not had any problems i even let them know that others were having problems but that did not change anything i guess

Keep opening up tickets on Aspyr's support site. There's another threat about this on the apple discussion forums. Aspyr seems to think there's no issue. They aren't doing anything to fix this problem because they think it doesn't exist. The more people who report it, the more likely they are to look into it again.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Keep opening up tickets on Aspyr's support site. There's another threat about this on the apple discussion forums. Aspyr seems to think there's no issue. They aren't doing anything to fix this problem because they think it doesn't exist. The more people who report it, the more likely they are to look into it again.

I don't have an issue. Weird. Seems to run exactly the same as Leopard actually.

itouch rulz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
I have 20 inch first gen Al imac 2.4 with 2g ram. No difference in CoD4 since ungraded to SL on first day it was out. If anything CoD4 is a bit snappier - lol

MrBean

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I have 20 inch first gen Al imac 2.4 with 2g ram. No difference in CoD4 since ungraded to SL on first day it was out. If anything CoD4 is a bit snappier - lol

Happy for you.

I haven't played since the day after Sl release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.