Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Shiphranita
macrumors newbie

Scrambled contacts

My iphone 3G is scrambling my contact info. I have 873 contacts that are synced with Outlook on Vista. A month or so ago I started noticing that phone numbers for one person will show up under another person's listing or addresses get saved under the wrong person's name, or addresses don't get saved at all. It seems to have no rhyme or reason, for example, Sarah Common's phone number got saved under Karen Boring's name. An address I know I added disappeared, and I'm wondering what strange person's listing it is now under. I regularly add/change contacts via my iphone or Outlook. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it?
Shiphranita is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:21 PM   #2
jmann
macrumors 604

Location: On a bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
Send a message via Skype™ to jmann
Does it show correctly on your computer? If so, I would try restoring your phone.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Shiphranita
macrumors newbie

GeniusConnect

I think I have found the problem--I have an add-on to Outlook called GeniusConnect that essentially syncs my Outlook contacts with my Access Database. That appears to be scrambling all my contacts, and yes, it is on both Outlook and on my phone.
Shiphranita is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting