Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CYiming

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Hi experts,

I have experienced a problem after I updated to SL last night.

I made a fresh install of both SL and iLife 09 on my mbp unibody late 2008.

Afterwards, I replaced the my fresh iphoto library simply with my old iphoto 09library from time machine (no migration tool, only copy pasts).

But now I recognized a problem that I see no iphoto library in my Desktop and Screensaver Menu in control panel. I cant set iphoto library photos as screensaver cause I cant see them :(

Does anyone have a solution for it? or does anybody face the same issue?

Thanks!!!

Lordedmond

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Tilchestune UK
Hi experts,

I have experienced a problem after I updated to SL last night.

I made a fresh install of both SL and iLife 09 on my mbp unibody late 2008.

Afterwards, I replaced the my fresh iphoto library simply with my old iphoto 09library from time machine (no migration tool, only copy pasts).

But now I recognized a problem that I see no iphoto library in my Desktop and Screensaver Menu in control panel. I cant set iphoto library photos as screensaver cause I cant see them :(

Does anyone have a solution for it? or does anybody face the same issue?

Thanks!!!
Have you run iPhoto?
have you run iPhoto with the option key pressed to allow you to point iPhoto to the photo files?

CYiming

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Have you run iPhoto?
have you run iPhoto with the option key pressed to allow you to point iPhoto to the photo files?

I did run iphoto after I replaced the library, and it looks just fine without any issue.

but i didnt run it with option key pressed, what does it mean?:confused:

Lordedmond

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Tilchestune UK
it allows you to choose which library to use eg. you could have two different ones on different disks

it was a thought incase iPhoto was not pointing at the correct library

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.