Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
London
Hey guys and girls,

I have a conundrum - i was given a black macbook (specs in sig) for my upcoming uni course.

Therefore the powerbook that i have is 'slightly' surplus to requirements, i was thinking either sell it for about £270 (already had offers at that price) or use it as a desktop replacement/media center.

Obv if I keep it i will upgrade the ram to 2gb.

What do you guys think?

here's a pic -

Mac01.jpg

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
London
to make it clear i dont want to sell it on the forums (or i would have used the marketplace) i want to get some opinions on wether its worth keeping it around.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Anyways, I would keep it if you think you would use it, like a backup laptop or something? They would make a good file server except that it has small capacity and slower hard drives, but the space savings and lower power consumption could be a plus. An old Powermac G4 would serve as a better file server as you can fill it with hard drives. My 12" is still my main machine and does everything I want it to.

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
London
in the end the advert i put up moved it on, im thinking of getting high spec pc components and putting them in a powermac g4 case :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.