Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhanu2217

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Hi

I have dual boot Mac book pro 13 inch with Windows 7 and Mac.

I am looking out for a single jack Headphone with Mic which works with my mac book both on Windows 7 and Mac.

It really tuff to find single jack headphone in market other than Apple ipod/iphone earphones with mic. Does this Mic and earphone work well simultaneously on Mac 13 inch on Mac and Winodws?

What are other options i have? I want Mic and Headphones both working on skype and different applications?

Other options i have is going for USB headphones with mic. Which i am not sure if is a good idea.

Thanks

bhanu2217

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
I fond Few solutions to this problem:

1) Griffin imic
2) iphone earphone with mic, which works on mac but not sure if it works on Windows.
3) USB Heaphone with Mic.

ronin510

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2006
If you are planning to boot into Windows, you might consider using a USB headset. The current Apple provided sound drivers do not work properly with the mid-2009 MacBook Pro sound/mic hardware. On Apple's support site, there are many posts complaining about the issue, but Apple has yet to release an update for it. Even Snow Leopard's Windows drivers do not work properly with it.

bhanu2217

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
If you are planning to boot into Windows, you might consider using a USB headset. The current Apple provided sound drivers do not work properly with the mid-2009 MacBook Pro sound/mic hardware. On Apple's support site, there are many posts complaining about the issue, but Apple has yet to release an update for it. Even Snow Leopard's Windows drivers do not work properly with it.

Thanks.
Even i was going through Apple support site. Hope they come out with some solution soon.
I have ordered Snow Leopard under $9.95 offer, haven't received it yet though.

the-sandman

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Leicester, UK
I was just going to add as a sidenote that using the headset from my 3Gs (and therefore any iPhone compatible headsets) the mic and headphones work, but also the remote control buttons on the cord also work!

I can't say if they work dual booting as i've got windows 7 running through parallels.

t3heford

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2009
iPhone headset doesn't work in windows 7
neither does the built-in mic
neither do bluetooth headsets
dammit.

Z06jerry

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I was just going to add as a sidenote that using the headset from my 3Gs (and therefore any iPhone compatible headsets) the mic and headphones work, but also the remote control buttons on the cord also work!

For you guys wanting to use the iPhone earbuds/mic headset with your 13" MBP, you can get them here incredibly cheap. They are identical to the set that came with my iPhone 3G ...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...95943&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2695wt_1167

Otaillon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Québec
Bought these couple months ago. The mic work with both my iPod touch and my 13'' Macbook Pro. There's even a remote button that allow you to pause/play in iTunes or Quicktime. Really nice earphones!

Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 200v
Ultimate_Ears-Metro-fi_200v_Noise_Isolating_Earphones_for_iPhone_-Black-2971.jpg

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Bought these couple months ago. The mic work with both my iPod touch and my 13'' Macbook Pro. There's even a remote button that allow you to pause/play in iTunes or Quicktime. Really nice earphones!

I got the 150v and I gotta agree they are really nice. Even better then my old V-Moda Vibe Duo

reservedegotist

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009

Ultimate_Ears-Metro-fi_200v_Noise_Isolating_Earphones_for_iPhone_-Black-2971.jpg

Yeah I have the same pair! I got them when they were a steal, but they've gone up in price again. However, I believe these are superseded by the 220v.

ronin510

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2006

Does the mic work when running Windows under bootcamp? There seems to be a problem with 13" MBP + Windows (Bootcamp) + Mic. If you use parallels/fusion, Windows uses a different driver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.