Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:15 PM   #1
Jesus I
macrumors member

Back Up iTunes Library with iPhone

I'm about to make a Clean Install of Snow Leopard, but I want to back up all my music. Is there a way to recover my music from my iPhone?

Thanks.
Jesus I is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:43 PM   #2
devburke

Not without third party software. The easiest way would be not with your iPhone, but Time Machine. You should really be using it! This can’t be stressed enough! Your HD could drop out unexpectedly any time, and just like that, all your stuff’s gone. Almost happened to me once. I, like many people, never actually thought it was gonna happen to me. And with Time Machine being so incredibly easy and HDs being so cheap, there’s no excuse not to!

Sorry, that was my Time Machine rant.

Short answer: not without third party software, but yes with third party software. The good programs can recover your playlists, ratings, etc. but I don’t know if there are any of those available for free.
devburke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Jesus I
macrumors member

He, I would love to use Time Machine, actually I have a 60 GB HDD that was included with the PlayStation 3 (Right now my PS3 has a 320 GB HDD), but I have to buy the USB Adapter. Probably gonna buy one, but not this week, he.

I will look for an app that works with the iPhone. I have used one before, but it was for the iPod Classic (5G).

Thanks for replying!
Jesus I is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod