Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 3, 2009, 05:08 AM   #1
KMK420
macrumors member

Iphone 3G, 3.0, Jailbroken, Cydia Crashing - Know issue - Can't FIX!

Got my phone jailbroken, phone is functioning...

Problem is, Cydia constantly crashes.

Let me begin by saying this much...ive tried restoring through itunes and re-jailbreaking, (by hitting restore, waiting, then re-jailbreaking with redsn0w)...second, resetting phone/rebooting phone makes no difference.

i don't have wifi, nor do i have an SSH program on the iphone as Cydia won't open to download it.

the cydia.log says..

dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

But i obviously need to terminal into the iPhone...correct? Well, again, i have NO wifi, and Cydia won't open.

Help?!
KMK420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 05:15 AM   #2
KMK420
macrumors member

Sigh, figures i find a fix after i post...

For those who may find it useful, going to /var/lib/dpkg/updates and deleting all the numbered files and re-opening cydia worked.
KMK420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:14 PM   #3
apple1up
macrumors newbie

Please help!

KMK420,

I've been running into the same issues. I do have wifi, but I did not install openssh prior to my cydia crashing on me. I am very new to the iphone and how it works. I had someone else jailbreak/unlock the phone for me. So please forgive me. I've been looking for days on youtube and forums for fixes but most of them require me to dial into my phone...but because I don't have openssh or ifile, it is impossible. I've tried rejailbreaking and even restoring, but nothing has worked. I've also looked tried saving my SHSH Blob in hopes that i can upgrade, restore then downgrade my itunes, but it says I am missing some sort of file. I'm running in circles.

Please Please Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Apple1Up
iPhone 3G
3.1.3 (7E18) | 5.12.01
T-Mobile Network
apple1up is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:31 AM   #4
ooOo
macrumors newbie

Woo

Thank you I've been looking for answers for hours!!!!!
ooOo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
ThanksForAnswer
macrumors newbie

Talking Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK420 View Post
Sigh, figures i find a fix after i post...

For those who may find it useful, going to /var/lib/dpkg/updates and deleting all the numbered files and re-opening cydia worked.
It really helped!
ThanksForAnswer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks