Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mickmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Hey peoples,
I scored an isight to use with my power book and I was hoping (I guessed I should have asked first) to stream real time video to make dvd's and 'movies" is there any way to pull this off? all I can do at the moment is snapshot. any help would be great!
thanks

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Mickmac said:
Hey peoples,
I scored an isight to use with my power book and I was hoping (I guessed I should have asked first) to stream real time video to make dvd's and 'movies" is there any way to pull this off? all I can do at the moment is snapshot. any help would be great!
thanks

As the guy above says, open iMovie 4 when your iSight is plugged in. Select 'iSight' from the little dropdown next to the video camera icon near the bottom of the screen, and hit record. Simple.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
EvoCam will also let you record movies with your iSight (as well as run a webcam, etc.). In addition, it lets you alter the brightness so you don't need to be shooting directly at a supernova to see something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.