Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:11 PM   #1
whyrichard
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to whyrichard
Wake macpro on public network w/iphone?

Hey,

Is there a way to wake my mac pro with my iphone? My mac pro is in a studio space hooked onto the internet with an unprotected wifi network, and my iphone is around on the ether...

thanks,

r.

p.s. it is a brand new mac pro...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:16 PM   #2
FXT 1
macrumors 6502

Depends what you are looking to do. Stream music? etc

Or are you just all for the thrill of using your iPhone as remote for something

Also, perhaps this will help. I'm not sure it applies to the iPhone and you have to be running Snow Leopard. I assume you are if your Mac is so new (ie. you got it yesterday )
FXT 1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:14 PM   #3
whyrichard
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to whyrichard
I already read through that thread... i want to be able to use simplify media but i don't want the computer running all the time...

... seems like VNC would work... an app store search brings up a bunch. which solution is the most user friendly?

thanks,
r.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 07:06 AM   #4
oftheheavens
macrumors 6502a

any answers for this? i just got my copy of snow leopard and rushed to download simplify media, just to find out it doesn't work.

anyone know how to make it work?
oftheheavens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:58 AM   #5
FXT 1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrichard View Post
I already read through that thread... i want to be able to use simplify media but i don't want the computer running all the time...

... seems like VNC would work... an app store search brings up a bunch. which solution is the most user friendly?

thanks,
r.
Well Based on your VNC theory, i assume you will wake your computer first, then run the simplify media App? I'm sure it is possible, any particular reason you can't use wake-on-demand?

In terms of which VNC is the best there is a thread here on Macrumors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheheavens View Post
any answers for this? i just got my copy of snow leopard and rushed to download simplify media, just to find out it doesn't work.

anyone know how to make it work?
I'm not sure if the developer has updated the software for Simplify media yet. However I'm sure he will be working on it.

Yet, this site: http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/ reports Simplify Media is supposedly running fine on SL.

Also is there not 32 bit mode or something in SL? Correct me if i'm wrong but try running it in that enviroment.
FXT 1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 04:27 PM   #6
oftheheavens
macrumors 6502a

It isn't that simplify media isn't working after the installation of SL, it is that the wake over wan isn't working when I access simplify media from my iphone. Thanks
oftheheavens is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting