Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muffymeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
UK
hi there

i'm new here, but i need some serious help ... this is kinda gettin on my nerves

So the problem. Well, ive got a laptop with a belkin 54g wireless card, connects to the belkin wireless router (F5D7630uk4A) easy at 54g, my sisters laptop connects via the LAN cable as easy as pie, we all get assigned IP addresses and can access each other via our MAC addresses

but, my sister wanted to go wireless, so she bought the Airport card (she's got the 12" Ibook G3 900Mhz 384MB (128 + 256SODIMM) 30GB HDD with MAC OSX 10.2.8) she couldnt get the airport extreme card, i understand that she can only do 802.11b not the 802.11g like me, not really bothered about performance hits.

anyway card was inserted, and everythng went according to plan, it detected the ESSID (muffinhell) yet it wont assign it's self a IP address from the router (DHCP enabled), not even manually assigning the IP address. :confused:

so theres the problem and id be greatful if you could give me some insight into fixing this problem

oh i had a similar problem with my dads laptop, but discovered it to be a broken 54g pcmcia card - detect it but wouldnt get an IP address, currently waiting for a new card to arrive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.