Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Engadget posts a gallery of images showing third-party cases claimed to be for the next-generation iPod touch and iPod nano. The cases, being exhibited by accessory manufacturer Hama at the IFA electronics convention in Berlin, contain holes to accommodate digital cameras expected to be included in the next-generation devices. The iPod nano case also appears to accommodate a wider screen rumored to be offered in the forthcoming model.

111559-hama_ipod_touch_case_500.jpg

111600-hama_ipod_nano_case_500.jpg

The new cases are by no means the first to appear, and a number of manufacturers have developed cases of similar design, but the hands-on views and packaging images shown in this latest gallery may be of interest to readers.

New iPods are widely expected to be introduced at next Wednesday's Apple media event in San Francisco.

Article Link: New Gallery of Cases for Next-Generation iPod Touch and iPod Nano Posted

randomrazor

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
I would be frustrated to buy an Ipod nano with a camera on it now since I have an Iphone. What do you do with with your pics on your ipod nano with no internet???

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I would be frustrated to buy an Ipod nano with a camera on it now since I have an Iphone. What do you do with with your pics on your ipod nano with no internet???

What? How is that even different from a regular camera ?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007

transfer them to your computer at a later time.
What did people do with photos on ipod photos (or maybe the 5th Gen ipod came out)?

they looked at them on screen.

what do I do with my digital camera when i take a photo? go home and upload it to the computer.

Shonuff

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Anyone else find it odd that the "iPod Touch - 3rd generation" is written in a different font than the font the the left of it that says "iPod Touch - 2nd generation"? Seems like one of these things that would be consistent on the packaging.

DUSTmurph

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2009
Detroit Rock City

Apple is probably develop some high tech sophisticated way of connecting the iPod to a computer via some sort of cable to transfer data to and from the iPod. I have no clUe what Sort of caBle that would be tho.
:eek:

macaco74

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
really looking forward to the event. I will be at the US open, one eye on the court, one eye on the iphone.

amk29j

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2007
Necessity?

I don't quite understand the necessity of a camera on an iPod. Everyone has a camera phone now. I don't need ANOTHER camera. Take out the camera, leave it as is, and make it cheaper. (I guess you would still be able to get the camera-less iPods for cheaper so it doesn't matter.)

Just seems like they couldn't do anything new with the iPods so they added a camera and are calling it new just to keep the prices the same as they were last year. I could be wrong and they could have some new amazing technology; they haven't been released yet after all.

Rychiar

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
what i wanna know is why both those cases have odd shaped camera holes? r these things gonna get better lenses than the tiny circular iphone camera? that will just piss me off:mad:

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
Anyone else find it odd that the "iPod Touch - 3rd generation" is written in a different font than the font the the left of it that says "iPod Touch - 2nd generation"? Seems like one of these things that would be consistent on the packaging.

Looks mainly just like some blur to me.

That's pretty sweet though. I'm planning to buy the next Nano so long as it comes out as a sweet design :)

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
there is no hope of keeping these things secret with all the case manufactures out there...

Maybe don't give the design specifications to the case manufacturer until after it's out? It might not make those who must baby their ipods happy but it'd make it much more secretive.

karmachrome

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008

That's definitely a different style of the same font family.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
well I take from this that the case size is the same for the new third gen touch with just the addition of the camera. This says to me there will be no 6 inch/ fat touch model presented. That makes the whole show a lot less interesting.
If they add GPS with the camera I will take a look but what I want is a bigger more easy to read screen. :(

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Lenses have to be circular. Otherwise you'd get a rectangular or odd-resolutioned photo.

Looks to me like they may have a small bar of flash on the Nano along with a small camera lens.

Or a sliding door to protect the lens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.