Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okayjustin

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
SF bay area
hello everyone!

I use Ultrabeat in Logic 9 but there's some drum kits that I like to hear that was included in the Jam Pack Rhythm section. I did some research and so far and came to conclude that using those other kits like the Headbanger Kit is for use with the EXS24 sampler. Can anyone confirm..?

I thought it would be easier to program my patterns (or faster) using something like Ultrabeat's drum machine but I can't figure out if the Headbanger Kit, or EXS24 doesn't have a "programming a drum pattern" menu.. can anyone help me with this? I think I remember my friend being able to do something like using FL Studio but I'm not exactly sure

deej999

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
You can import an EXS24 kit into Ultrabeat. Then you can use the Pattern area in Ulrabeat to create the pattern.

Or Use the Hyper Editor. This can be turned into a Pattern editor like in Ultrabeat. Only thing is it doesn't look as good.

deej

okayjustin

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
SF bay area
do you know how I would import the kit into ultrabeat so I could use it in the sequencer mode? I've done some research but still couldn't find anything..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.