Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

View Poll Results: Which iPod to replace my First Gen Touch?
2nd Generation iPod Classic 0 0%
2nd Generation iPod Touch 0 0%
3rd Generation iPod Touch 11 100.00%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:03 PM   #1
justaregularjoe
macrumors 6502

Killed my Touch, Shure SE-115's. :(

Last night I was in a hurry when starting some laundry, and threw my shorts containing my First Generation iPod Touch (16GB) and my Shure SE-115's.

I can replace the Shures because I have a best Buy Warranty, but My iPod is a different story. It is fully functional, but the screen is all blotchy and it looks like there is water on two different layers. (See Attachments.) It is now over a year old and I think I will just replace it rather than try to get it repaired/replaced.

Here's what I was thinking of doing. What until Sept. 9th, then pick up either a current gen iPod Classic, a current gen Touch, or a newest gen Classic if the features are appealing enough.

Some may ask why a classic?
I seriously think that my touch does too much and it really has been a huge waste of time in the past, with jailbreaking, safari distracting me from classes, so on and so forth. Also, not being able to fit my entire 24+ GB library on it really pisses me off.

So what do you think? Current Classic, Current Touch, or New Touch? I will be waiting until the 9th regardless.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2
mrkgoo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaregularjoe View Post
Last night I was in a hurry when starting some laundry, and threw my shorts containing my First Generation iPod Touch (16GB) and my Shure SE-115's.

I can replace the Shures because I have a best Buy Warranty, but My iPod is a different story. It is fully functional, but the screen is all blotchy and it looks like there is water on two different layers. (See Attachments.) It is now over a year old and I think I will just replace it rather than try to get it repaired/replaced.

Here's what I was thinking of doing. What until Sept. 9th, then pick up either a current gen iPod Classic, a current gen Touch, or a newest gen Classic if the features are appealing enough.

Some may ask why a classic?
I seriously think that my touch does too much and it really has been a huge waste of time in the past, with jailbreaking, safari distracting me from classes, so on and so forth. Also, not being able to fit my entire 24+ GB library on it really pisses me off.

So what do you think? Current Classic, Current Touch, or New Touch? I will be waiting until the 9th regardless.
3rd gen touch. Does too much? Perhaps, you just have to show restraint. And if Jailbreaking is more effort than it's worth, then don't jailbreak.

But if you need to carry your entire library, then I guess go for a Classic. I think the hard drive is too archaic a format, personally.
mrkgoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:57 AM   #3
justaregularjoe
macrumors 6502

Just an update: My iPod has dried out significantly, and the screen is looking a lot better. Like, it may be back to normal by Tuesaday. As for the headphones, well, I need to get them replaced. Left has full, perfect sound, right is near silent.

Even though my iPod is working again, I think I will still be getting a Classic. After all this time, I need something new to keep me interested.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:49 PM   #4
wpc33
macrumors 6502

Really. Stop your usage of the wet iPod! Wait for it to dry. You're lucky you have such a good chance at recovery, but if it shorts out while you're using it prematurely, it will be your broken heart, not ours.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:51 PM   #5
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
The headphones, even if they are the 115s, are a much larger loss IMO.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 06:56 PM   #6
justaregularjoe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc33 View Post
Really. Stop your usage of the wet iPod! Wait for it to dry. You're lucky you have such a good chance at recovery, but if it shorts out while you're using it prematurely, it will be your broken heart, not ours.
heartless suckers, aren't you? I dried it in full sunlight for about 8 hours, and then had it sitting in full force of a fan on 'turbo' all night. It's completely dry no, sadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
The headphones, even if they are the 115s, are a much larger loss IMO.
I agree wholeheartedly. As soon as I pulled my ipod from the wash, my brain went "UPGRADE TIME EMEFFERS!!!" Sept 9th was in 3 days back then.

Honestly, I am leaning towards a classic. The touch is too much of a distraction for me, cause I can't stop myself, i was (almost) stolen twice now, and EVERYONE has one. It's pretty annoying to see, almost more than seeing 8 giggling girls switching songs on their 3G nanos while walking slower than monks down the hallway while you try to get to math class.

BTW, the only issue with the franken touch is a slight lighter spot in the extreme upper left hand corner, so meh.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 07:19 PM   #7
leomac08
macrumors 68020

why would u downgrade to the ipod touch 2G, when u can have a 3G very soon......
Old Sep 8, 2009, 07:26 PM   #8
justaregularjoe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomac08 View Post
why would u downgrade to the ipod touch 2G, when u can have a 3G very soon......
I have a 1G, leo. And the 3G, i am guessing, is going to be much less of an innovation than people think.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod