Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 5, 2009, 05:45 PM   #1
paddensg
macrumors newbie

iPod Shuffle 2g "Waiting for iPod"

It seems my new 17" MBP purchased in July is having trouble with my iPod shuffle. I recently updated the iPod and synced it to this computer (it was previously used on a PC) and everything seemed fine. Today, I've been trying to clear out songs, and a few weird things have been happening:

1) When I try to listen to a song from the iPod (double clicking on a song in the playlist window or hitting the play button with a song highlighted) nothing happens.

2) If I try to get info, iTunes says "Waiting for iPod..." and about ten seconds later the info pops up.

3) After the info comes up, I can play a song normally. I can interrupt it and switch to another track or two, but after that, I get a beach ball and there's a ten second delay.

I should note that this iPod worked flawlessly (no delays, and I had never seen a "Waiting for iPod.." message) when it was synced to my PC.

I am running an up-to-date version of iTunes, and OS 10.5.8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
paddensg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:35 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

The OS update may not have applied correctly. As long as the music you have on the iPod is also on the computer, as well as any files saved on it in disk mode, have you considered restoring the iPod so iTunes can load a fresh copy of the iPod firmware?
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod