Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Sep 5, 2009, 08:32 PM   #1
teknikal90
macrumors 68000

M-Audio Oxygen 61 vs. Behringer UMX61

Hey all,

Just considering to buy one, which is better?
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen61.html
or
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMX61.aspx

now I'm new to this whole recording scene so have nooo idea lol..
The Behringer says it has 50 built in sounds...But I'll be using Logic and Mainstage, with 1000+ sounds so im guessing that 50 number doesnt really matter?

The M-Audio one says "35 MIDI controllers > control software synths, mixers and effects" but I can't find a comparable feature on the Behringer. What is this? Is this important?

The Behringer says it supports both USB 1.1 and 2.0, whilst the M-Audio says it outputs at USB 1.1...
Basically, which one is the better keyboard controller to get?

Thank heaps

ps: the M-Audio I notice have faders, but the Behringer has a screen. Which one is more important??
teknikal90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 09:44 PM   #2
JimmyLecroy21
macrumors newbie

hmmm

Well i used an Oxygen before and personally they feel kinda cheap. Same as all behringer products too. I would recommend getting like an Axiom because its a GREAT midi controller and works amazing. But its up to you in the end. At the end of the day **** the built in sounds you know. If you want built in sounds that are amazing and can be used as a midi controller for logic try getting a microkorg i picked one up offebay for $200. I would have to get the Oxygen if you gunna get beetween the 2 tho
JimmyLecroy21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 09:57 PM   #3
teknikal90
macrumors 68000

oh ok...
well also, the maudio is like $60 Australian more expensive and I can only buy it from this online store...
Jsut wondering if the difference in price/effort is worth it if i choose the m audio over the behringer?

im already stretching my budget as it is..i wouldve loved the axiom but it is way too expensive - beginner
now the fader controls on the maudio...are thy really useful? worth trading off the screen thats on the behringer?
teknikal90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio