Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Super Sneb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
I've got US itunes account I set up around this time last year for getting free TV shows from the US store but I've started renting more and more movies form the UK store on my Apple TV.

The question is: Can I buy iTunes Vouchers of ebay then use my US account to rent from the American Store. For some reason I've got some info stuck in my head saying that Apple put a stop to this some time ago.....

Second question: Does anyone have any preferred resellers on ebay that I can buy a $10 voucher and get the code by email (Pretty much straight away).

Thanks before hand.
Sam

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
I also have a US Store account, and rent stuff through my Apple TV/iTunnes here in the UK. I use this website usually: http://mikesay98.blogspot.com/ and find the service is really good, the codes come through more or less straight away and have never had a problem with it. Failing that, I get my US friends to get me a voucher and email me the code ;)

Hope this helps

pac

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
If you have a payment address and credit card for the UK and US you should be able to sign up for both - I don't know about on the AppleTV though.

jw2002

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
The question is: Can I buy iTunes Vouchers of ebay then use my US account to rent from the American Store. For some reason I've got some info stuck in my head saying that Apple put a stop to this some time ago.....

Second question: Does anyone have any preferred resellers on ebay that I can buy a $10 voucher and get the code by email (Pretty much straight away).

I thought most of the ebay itunes vouchers were scams. Wasn't there a sob story here a few months ago about someone who got banned from the itunes store for using a fraudulent voucher purchased off of ebay?

Anyways, if you want to use the US or UK itunes store, just make sure that you route your computer through an appropriate proxy for whichever country, and everything should be fine.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Anyways, if you want to use the US or UK itunes store, just make sure that you route your computer through an appropriate proxy for whichever country, and everything should be fine.

You can access the UK store in the US if you have an appropriate billing address and vice versa...

No proxies required...

davwin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008
If it helps - You can also use a pre-paid Mastercard or Visa registered to a valid US address and buy iTunes credit/vouchers directly from Apple. This also works with a valid US PayPal account now too.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
If it helps - You can also use a pre-paid Mastercard or Visa registered to a valid US address and buy iTunes credit/vouchers directly from Apple. This also works with a valid US PayPal account now too.

Problem with those things (I looked into it when I was in the Florida in Jan), you need a social security number to get one. And although you shouldn't need to provide one to identify you to a bank (did lots of reading about this), you'd still need a US address to get the card sent to, then over to yourself, plus you'd then need to figure out how to get money on the card.

I would if I could, but I can't, so I shan't ;) lol

I've bought about 5 cards from mikesay98 ranging from about $15 dollars to $50, and they've always come through quickly and they're off real cards. Yeah they're a little more expensive than getting a card yourself from Best Buy or something, but this guy has to make money!

pac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.