Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Sep 6, 2009, 04:37 PM   #1
idrewuk
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to idrewuk
MacBook Air - will Adobe Creative Suite run nicely?

Hi all,

I'm a Mac user of a few years but I'd still like some advice regarding my next upgrade.

I'm currently using a basic MacBook which, after a few years, is running slow. I'm looking to upgrade and am stuck between a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air.

I'm keen on the Air because, obviously, it's very portable and I imagine I'll be taking it around a lot for work.

The high-end Air's spec isn't too dissimilar to the 13" Pro, but as I intend to run Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator on my new Mac, I wondered if people could let me know their experience or if they think the Air will be up to the job of running CS4 smoothly?

I'm pretty sure it will but any tips or advice would be much appreciated.
idrewuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 05:18 PM   #2
pianojoe
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to pianojoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrewuk View Post
Hi all,

The high-end Air's spec isn't too dissimilar to the 13" Pro, but as I intend to run Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator on my new Mac, I wondered if people could let me know their experience or if they think the Air will be up to the job of running CS4 smoothly?
It all comes down on how you define "smoothly". Editing the occasional 5 megapixel shoot is O.K. Editing full page size multi-layered PS documents, 100 MB in size, isn't.

There is a tradeoff for portability in the Air's performance. Best try for yourself.
pianojoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 05:22 PM   #3
elmo151

I have the air [version 1]. CS will run.

If you will do lots of Pshop etc then get all the horsepower and memory you can.
elmo151 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice