Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrlithe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
I have been having some problems with my PowerMac lately. It's a 933 Mhz, G4 PowerMac, Quicksilver edition. It had slowed to a crawl lately and I had recently run DiskWarrior on it and found several problems on my hard drives. I was in the process of backing it up but when I got back from vacation today and it refused to start up. I push the power button and it glows, but when I let go, nothing happens, it's still off. I unplugged it and replugged it. Nothing. I unplugged all my peripherals and tried again, nothing. Any advice? I hadn't yet gotten everything off.
Thanks

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
if I had to guess I'd say something in the MOBO or logic board. If the HD was dead it would boot to the "?" screen. I dont think its the power supply from what you said, unless the PS is just partially out and cant get enough juice to completely turn on. I'm sure your HDs are good, if it did finish backing up. If you really like your G4 you can prob get a used on off ebay and maybe gets some parts from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.