Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willardhlp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I wanted to install the hfs+ drivers on my pc so that I can see and share a time machine partition on an external drive that is attached to the pc. I have the snow leopard disk I just need to know which of the files on the disk contains the hfs+ drivers.

legomanx51v

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
pop in the dvd, explore to /bootcamp/drivers/apple
copy bootcamp.msi OR bootcamp64.msi to your desktop/hard drive.
take out the DVD.
run the bootcamp/64.msi. hfs drivers and a few minor things are installed. restart.
done hfs drives are now readable. :)

NOTE: the installer adds two services, OSmanager and Appletimesync, (something like that) you CAN disable them through "services.msc". it also installs the bootcamp control panel. you can remove/disable this thourgh "msconfig" startup options. you dont really have to do this though.
I tried to install JUST the drivers, couldnt make that happen.

willardhlp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Thanks

So will copying to the hard drive take care of the elevated privileges error I was getting?

EDIT: found a registry hack to allow me to Install as administrator

beachguy757

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2011
this is an old thread but you can right click an msi package and click Run As Admin... or you can open up CMD as Admin and type this command in to unlock the superuser account on vista and 7 then install it from that account:

Net user Administrator /active:yes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.