Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xcuneytx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
According to the system requirements its not possible, but in the past I did some tricks for instance with iPhoto 7.x.x and installed it on a G3 by doing a patch/hack in the info playlist... Is that possible with iTunes 9 on a G3. Anyone tried it yet? :D
will it work?

11colmil

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2009
Under your bed 0_o
It depends on your specs. I got it to run on my g3 iBook with 900MHz and 386 MB ram. It runs a bit slow on that. If your okay with it slow, then try it out. What are your system specs?

xcuneytx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
It depends on your specs. I got it to run on my g3 iBook with 900MHz and 386 MB ram. It runs a bit slow on that. If your okay with it slow, then try it out. What are your system specs?

its an iBook 10.4.11 700Mhz PPC G3 with 640 MB ram..
was iTunes 8 (the previous one) running slowly on your iBook as well, or is this one (9) really really slow?

xcuneytx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
OK just installed it works fine, except the Mini Player doesnt work.. does it work on your iBook.. how do I activate it.. I pressed the green and also yellow button in the upperleft corner, but no Mini Player :confused:

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
OK just installed it works fine, except the Mini Player doesnt work.. does it work on your iBook.. how do I activate it.. I pressed the green and also yellow button in the upperleft corner, but no Mini Player :confused:

Holding down the option button while clicking the green button activates the mini player in iTunes 9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.