Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyeok

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Hey everyone,

What is the name of the app that had the Starbucks coffee cup on it. When it was up on the screen, Phil Schiller said "whether you're a latte getter...".

It looks really pretty and I want it!

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
Hey everyone,

What is the name of the app that had the Starbucks coffee cup on it. When it was up on the screen, Phil Schiller said "whether you're a latte getter...".

It looks really pretty and I want it!

I didn't see the keynote but I think you are referring to Grande Getter, an app that tells you your closest Starbucks and shows a map pinpointing other Starbucks in your area.

I have it and recommend! :)

hyeok

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I didn't see the keynote but I think you are referring to Grande Getter, an app that tells you your closest Starbucks and shows a map pinpointing other Starbucks in your area.

I have it and recommend! :)

No, it was not Grade Getter. I already have Grade Getter.

Here is a screen shot, if it helps:
16l0jo.jpg

I think the app is used to save favorite starbucks drink customizations. (I already have Expresso, which does the same thing. But this looks much more beautiful and interactive!)

hyeok

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
So nobody knows what this app is??

After searching on iTunes for "Starbucks" and looking through every single result, none of those look like the one from the keynote.

Maybe this was an (un)intentional leak of a forthcoming official Starbucks app?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That is definitely it, because the entire point of it was that you could show it to them and have them get your drink perfect every time. The icons look identical too.

How exactly would that make them get your drink perfect every time?

Most Starbucks don't have the label printers- the register person still has to write it on the cup with a Sharpie and then put it on the bar for the barista.

If all Starbucks had label printers, I can see that app being useful. You would scan the app's semacode at the register, the label would print, and they would stick it on the cup.

Having worked at Starbucks in the past, I can tell you that I would be very annoyed if someone pointed their iPhone at me and told me to "write this on my cup".

boxandrew

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
Oklahoma, OK
the app is from a few years ago i think. i don't think it ever got made.

If this is the case, then the app shown in the keynote could be a redesigned version. Notice that on the quick order website every screenshot has the Starbucks logo at the bottom, but the keynote version doesn't.

It's possibly an app that Apple have just approved, but haven't released yet.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
If this is the case, then the app shown in the keynote could be a redesigned version. Notice that on the quick order website every screenshot has the Starbucks logo at the bottom, but the keynote version doesn't.

It's possibly an app that Apple have just approved, but haven't released yet.

Ha ha!

No, really, that web page is over a year old. If that app was going to come out it would have by now.

In all likelihood Starbucks pulled a copyright enforcement move on these guys and stopped them from having an application that had all sorts of Starbucks stuff as well as the need to have all of Starbucks UPC codes for their scanners.

This seems to be one of those really cool proof of concept designs that never got released, probably due to some BS.

Odid

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
Downloaded it. Liked it.

Good info on nutritional information. I wanna know how many calories, carbs, how much caffeine is in my drink.

Also, didn't know that there were 24/7 Starbucks in my area!

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
I wish there was "A" Starbucks in my area. The nearest one to me is in Harrisonburg, which about a 45 minute drive away.:mad:

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I like the myStarbucks app

I like the app. I like the fact that it has a locator, it even shows the ones inside the SuperTarget stores near me. I also like the fact that I can keep a list of my favorite stores, drinks, and other items. I even like the app with the Starbucks Card that was also released.

I guess the person that didn't like it was looking for a game and since it's not a game it's worthless to him.

A few things I have noticed about iPhone users.....
* If the app has a price tag, they don't like it
* If the app has even the slightest learning curve, they don't like it
* If the app is anything other than a simplistic arcade game, they don't like it

BriGuy20

macrumors member
May 24, 2009
Having worked at Starbucks in the past, I can tell you that I would be very annoyed if someone pointed their iPhone at me and told me to "write this on my cup".

I bet it still rates lower on the Starbucks employee annoy-o-meter than Mr. 212 degree coffee and non-tipping multitasking complex order monster.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I like the app. I like the fact that it has a locator, it even shows the ones inside the SuperTarget stores near me. I also like the fact that I can keep a list of my favorite stores, drinks, and other items. I even like the app with the Starbucks Card that was also released.

I guess the person that didn't like it was looking for a game and since it's not a game it's worthless to him.

A few things I have noticed about iPhone users.....
* If the app has a price tag, they don't like it
* If the app has even the slightest learning curve, they don't like it
* If the app is anything other than a simplistic arcade game, they don't like it
You forgot to add:
* If the app makes farting sounds, it goes to #1 on day on. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.