Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:37 AM   #1
gregpuglese
macrumors newbie

G4 Powerbook - Constant Crashes

Hello Everyone,
I have a fairly old G4 Powerbook (about 5 years) that I have been using for basic portable computer needs. For some reason, the powerbook crashes every few months. I will reformat the hard drive, and everything will work perfectly, until one day I just turn the computer on and it doesn't work anymore, to the point where my only choice is to reformat. I have been through this with the computer probably at least 8 times. Obviously, I don't save anything important on this computer anymore, because at this point I expect it to happen, but does anyone know what the root of this problem could be? It seems very strange to me that the computer will work fine for a few months and then just randomly crash, and it is getting quite irritating to have to constantly reformat. Thanks,
gregpuglese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:04 PM   #2
p3ncil
macrumors regular

Swap out a new harddrive give it a try.
p3ncil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 05:24 PM   #3
gregpuglese
macrumors newbie

If the hard drive is bad, why does it work fine for a few months every time I reformat it?
gregpuglese is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs