Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bodie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Pioneer, CA
I'm on a 2 Ghz Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.

To me it is sluggish and awkward. iTunes 8 on Leopard was much better. I'm sorry Steve Jobs. But I don't see things getting better here. I see them getting bloated. At this point I could not say "It just works".:(

So it's back to Leopard and iTunes 8. Fortunately I kept my primary hard drive that way and have only tried Snow Leopard and iTunes 9 on my secondary drive.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
The thing continues to get bloated. Thank God for UB/Language trimming apps. I've actually found encoding to be significantly faster and the added kbps options are welcome. Also like the new layout of the store.

Everything else...dont care/dont use

OriginalFormula

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2009
I can't multitask Safari, iChat, iTunes, Maple, and DVD player like I used to. But that's to be expected on an older (2.0 Core Duo, Leopard) computer. Still though, the featureset is nice. I might have to give that language trimming a try.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
iTunes 9 I don't mind, there are some nice new features however the update on the iTunes store I HATE...

I hate the layout, I hate how it looks, I hate how it feels to use and the overall UI is horrid it seems to unlearn the familiarities of the old store. To me it seems as though it's a massive downgrade and has an air of "unfinished" or "the designers could be bothered" about it.

MacBass

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2005
La Crosse, WI
I have a 1.83 GHz C2D Mini, and I think video playback is a lot better than iTunes 8. It looks prettier, but a full version number? I think it would have sufficed to have just another 0.1+ increase.

On the positive side, I am happy that I can finally hide the Applications sub-menu, which is nice since I own neither an iPhone or iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.