Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigEvan23

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
I guess the last time I installed panther I only had my cd rewritable drive as the master so the installer didnt include Apple Dvd player in its basic package? Whatever the case is, I dont wanna go through the hastle of re-installing panther as im running 10.3.4 (now I have my 107 superdrive installed)and need to find Apple dvd player 4.0. The links on version tracker and macupdate say 4.0 but they are actually links to 3.1. Apple only provides links to dl 3.1 as well. As may know 3.1 only works in versions prior to 10.3.

Thanks for your time and help,
Evan

BigEvan23

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks guys

After I posted last night I ran a search on Apple DVD 4.0 in the forums and saw the Pacifist solution. Thanks to all who responded, worked like a charm...its a nifty little app.

Thanks again,
Evan

mdseemore

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2004
Now have DVD player - Thanks!

I had the same problem as BigEvan23. The newly installed 107 player seems to work great ($99 after rebate) and after running the script suggested by vniow I now have the DVD player as one of my applications. Could not have been any easier. Thanks - :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.